The VIP International portfolio aims to provide long term capital growth by investing in a diversified portfolio of International assets. The portfolio actively invests in 2 to 5 managed funds, Exchange Traded Funds (ETF’s), or Listed Investment Companies (LIC’ss) that provide diversified exposure to international share markets.
Underlying managers are selected by the VIP Investment Committee by undergoing due diligence into the managers People, Investment Processes, and Investment Performance; and selecting managers that provide investment sector, style, and geographical diversification.
The VIP International portfolio is suitable for investors who:
- Seek capital growth over the long term with the potential for some income.
- Wish to achieve investment diversification by accessing international share markets.
- Accept that returns over the shorter term may fluctuate.
- Understand that an investment may potentially experience a high level of volatility associated with equity investment and foreign currency exposure.
- Accept that the underlying managed funds may invest in derivatives.
- Are prepared to invest for the minimum investment timeframe of between 5 and 7 years, and understand that capital preservation is not guaranteed.
The VIP International portfolio aims to be fully invested in Australian shares; however the portfolio can hold up to 100% allocation in Cash.
|Indicative number of holdings||2 – 5|
|Authorised Investments & Maximum Portfolio Exposure||Exchange Traded Funds (ETF’s), Managed Funds, Listed Investment Companies (LIC’s) – 98%, Cash – 100%|
|Maximum exposure to a single investment||ETFs, LICs and Managed Funds – 50%|
|Performance Benchmark||MSCI World ex Australia Index (in AUD)|
Portfolio Performance & Portfolio Update
For information the current portfolio update and performance please download the current Portfolio Profile & Update document.